Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Eat Better, Feel Better.

So my dear friend, who will be given the code name Tatlin Ghornberry, says I need to write a blog about something girls can relate to. Something that will help them in life. I thought, "Dear God, what does he want from me? I can't control my own life! I have so much going on most days I forget to eat!" That's when it hit me. Boys and girls both have that same problem. College is stressful. Period. You don't have time to cook a four course meal...you've got projects due, tests to take, and meetings galore because employers want "well rounded" students. Point is, there aren't enough hours in the day and when it comes down to it, we put eating healthy on the backburner right next to ex boyfriends. (Like that?)


So I got to thinking, just how unhealty am I eating? Let's just go back to last Thursday and see....[insert whimsical noise and clouds that separate to reveal me on last Thursday.


Thursday:
Breakfast: Skipped. Late for Physics.
Lunch: Papa John's personal pizza. PLUS garlic sauce. Yum.
Dinner: Tostino's pizza. Yeah Physics lab snuck up on me. Ate it like FOREVER after I cooked it.
Snack: Starbucks Caramel Frapp. Whoops.


Friday:
Breakfast: Nada.
Lunch: Two soft tacos from Chef's Table and a brownie.
Dinner: Margarita's so you KNOW i had pollo fundido.


Saturday:
Breakfast: I woke up at 12.
Lunch: Half of a ham biscuit...and it was SALTY. Yuck.
Dinner: Fish. Green beans. Rolls. It was homecooked, that's all you need to know. OH and birthday cake.


Sunday:
Breakfast: Bacon, egg, and cheese on an english muffin. Thanks DAD.
Lunch: Ruby Tuesday's steak and salad and a baked potatoe.
Dinner: Chips and a candy bar. YEAHHHH...


Monday:
Breakfast: I got up at 12 again.
Lunch: Cheese n crackers and a Tostino's pizza at 3. FRUITTT woohooo.
Dinner: Jimmy John's sandwich and chips at like 5:30. I'll say half was ate.


Tuesday:
Breakfast: NOPE.
Lunch: Papa John's again. Chick-fil-a line was LONGGG.
Dinner: Peanut M & M's and a tangelo.


Today:
Breakfast: Nope.
Lunch: Fried chicken, roll, and mac n cheese from AFC.
Dinner: I don't even know yet. I have meetings and a test so it may be another crappy meal.




Wow. So through those 7 days you may have thought that wasn't to terrible..
This has been a relatively healthy week. Lately, I've been eating so out of wack that I wake up dizzy or feel absolutely terrible walking to and from class. I'm exhausted and ill. Not to mention I'm addicted to cokes now.


So, solutions?
First, I HAVE got to start having something for breakfast. FYI: Studies show that women who eat breakfast actually lose weight better than those who don't. And by breakfast I don't mean a doughtnut..even if the bags are buy one get one free right now at Winn Dixie. Smh,
Secondly, cut that grease. Student Center food is soooo good, but eating that greasy pizza twice in one week (heck, even once) makes my tummy very unhappy.
Next, Home cooked meals for dinner. Honestly, my whole family has gotten better with that.. eating out all the time hurts the wallet. Which brings up another case: Poor College Kid? Here's why. Eating Out vs. Dining In. Eating at home is WAY cheaper. Especially if your family cans foods.
Also, Setting a time interval to eat meal is a good idea. College students aren't gaining 15 pounds because we are less active..we are gaining 15 pounds because we are stressed and eating at all random hours of the day. We eat when we can, not when we should.
Finally, vitamins. I have started to take vitamins to help make up for all the nutrients I don't get anymore theses days. Good choice.

Side note, working out again is definately on my list. As hard as it is to fit a workout into my schedule, I'm going to start back. Working out also makes you feel better. You get in shape and relieve stress.

So, I'm going to start eating better. Some how, some way. I encourage all of you to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment